Every year since 2005 I have looked forward to Culture Night on campus. It was to begin at nine and I always talk Todd into going to these things on time. Every time he tells me it will start 30 minutes late but I still insist that we go on time for the slim 2% chance that it might actually start...I don't want to miss anything! So we go there at 9:00 pm sharp and it didn't start until a little past 9:30. It began...and that's when I wish it wouldn't have. I was so disappointed in the performances! There was nothing cultural about them besides the different races performing. They were dancing to made up choreography that had nothing to do with their culture. I think Saturday night would have been better because there were clubs that we have seen in the past that always do amazing (mine & Todd's favorite is Tahitian), but we just didn't have the energy to go see it because we were scared our hearts would get broken again. Not really, but I do want to send a complaint letter to the activities people to tell the to do a better job monitoring what is performed and to make sure it is cultural.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Culture Night Disappointment
Every year since 2005 I have looked forward to Culture Night on campus. It was to begin at nine and I always talk Todd into going to these things on time. Every time he tells me it will start 30 minutes late but I still insist that we go on time for the slim 2% chance that it might actually start...I don't want to miss anything! So we go there at 9:00 pm sharp and it didn't start until a little past 9:30. It began...and that's when I wish it wouldn't have. I was so disappointed in the performances! There was nothing cultural about them besides the different races performing. They were dancing to made up choreography that had nothing to do with their culture. I think Saturday night would have been better because there were clubs that we have seen in the past that always do amazing (mine & Todd's favorite is Tahitian), but we just didn't have the energy to go see it because we were scared our hearts would get broken again. Not really, but I do want to send a complaint letter to the activities people to tell the to do a better job monitoring what is performed and to make sure it is cultural.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please post your complaint letter! I can't wait to read it.
Post a Comment