Monday, March 3, 2008

I need a Bosch!

So, I have been really into cooking and baking since I got married because I am trying to be a good wife by doing those things. I made my mom's cinnamon rolls the other day and they turned out amazing! However, it is really hard to make them when all I have is a little $7 hand mixer that smells like it is burning when I use it because I make it work so hard. That is why I need a Bosch! I would be able to EASILY make things like this instead of it taking as long as it does. However, I don't think that I will be getting one because we won't be here that much longer (enough to make it worth the money).

Here is my mom's recipe...they are the best!
-2 tablespoons yeast
-1 tablespoon white sugar
-½ cup warm water (mix these three things in a bowl & set aside)
-In separate container scald 1 cup milk 2-3 min. in microwave & set aside-in bowl, mix: 2 teaspoons salt, ¼ cup of Crisco, 1/3 cup of white sugar, 2 eggs, 4 cups of flour (start with 3 then keep adding)-
Mix everything together, should be a little bit sticky-
Roll out with flour or Crisco on countertop
-Spread margarine, cinnamon, brown sugar, flour, then roll up & use dental floss to cut it 1-1 ½ inch pieces
-put on greased cookie sheet, let rise for 45 min, cover with towel
Bake at 400 degrees (preheated) for 10 minutes
ICING: 8 oz. package of cream cheese @ room temperature, ¼ cup milk, & powdered sugar (keep adding the powdered sugar until you get the flavor that you want.

If anyone does make these let me know how they turn out for you!

3 comments:

Alysha said...

Wheres the picture of the heads!!

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

They really do look like they turned out fantastic! good work miss cook.

Erin said...

um they look amazing. now i have to make them!